We’ve already discussed the myths and side effects of masturbation. If you haven’t read click here.
That being said, we want you to make sure you have a good time pleasuring yourself. We have compiled a list of things to keep in mind when you want to get off solo.
Keep in mind to always engage in safe sex. Make sure you aren’t harsh or aggressive as this can cause slight rashes that may cause discomfort for a couple of days. Also know, that if you do not engage in masturbation or only engage in a few of these points, it’s completely alright. As long as you are happy with yourself and your deeds.
How to get started:
When you get the mood right, you automatically start feeling yourself. Your mood can be anything that makes you want to move those hips. Most common are playing a sensual playlist, wearing your favourite pair of lingerie and lighting a couple of aromatic candles. Get your confidence up and going, don’t pick at the parts of you that you favour less – always remember, the experience that you are soon going to engage on is something YOUR body gives to you, love it.
It’s soo important to have some lube at hand. While your body does create its liquidy lube, it’s always safer to use some while you start up. Plus, lube is known for increasing pleasure.
We often don’t voice out our opinions on sex. While we’re alone and stimulating, we can bring to life our deepest fantasies. Plus, your fantasies are your own, allowing you to bend them to stimulate you in the exact places you know you love to be.
Your vagina shouldn’t be the only place you get down dirty with. Use your hands to move across the various erogenous parts of you. These include your nipples, breasts, lips, sides of your body, back, insides of your thighs, ears and nape of your neck. Go all out while you discover new sensual spots. Try ice cubes, fruits and chocolate to get messy. Or, if that isn’t the way for you, try some sex toys. If you have a habit of using your sex toys often, exchange them for something more basic – like rubbing yourself against a pillow or using a showerhead to stimulate your clitoris.
Choose your orgasm:
According to a study, a significant amount of women agreed to be the highest stimulated by their clitoris. The clitoris is a pea-sized organ that has over a thousand nerve endings. It’s found at the hood of your labia – i.e the folds of your vagina.
You can try the below for your sexual satisfaction:
- Massage the fleshy area on the top of your pubic bone, then run your fingers along the outer and inner lips of your vulva.
- Start rubbing or stroking your clitoris through the hood. You can also form a “V” with your pointer and middle fingers, and slide them up and down the sides of the clitoral shaft. Do so until you find a rhythm that makes you feel good.
- Move your fingers faster and harder once your clitoris becomes wet, or after you’ve applied lube. Intensify the feeling by applying heavy pressure until you orgasm.
- Using a vibrator is a great way to stimulate your clitoris without having to overwork your fingers. Just run your sex toy up and down the area until you get off.
- Another way you can get off is rubbing a pillow, a stream of water, or even a desk with a soft edge against your clitoris.
Gaining an orgasm from your vagina is highly difficult. For some people, it is easier than others. The best way is to explore what feels good. Knowing where your G spot is, is also a strong plus point as this boosts up your chances of having an orgasm if stimulated properly.
- First massage your vaginal opening, then slowly insert your fingers (or sex toy) into your vagina. Make sure your vagina is wet, or that you’ve applied enough lube to avoid friction.
- Start to move your fingers or toy in a circular, in-and-out, stroking, or combination of motions. It’s best to use a “come hither” motion to stimulate your G-spot.
- Increase the speed and pressure as the good vibrations begin to build. You may feel an explosive orgasm, but don’t worry if you don’t. Not everyone can get off with vaginal penetration.
There are a lot of nerve endings in and around your asshole. Most people don’t tend to take advantage of this. If you would like to venture out into the backsides, here’s what you can do
- Start massaging the outside and inside of your anal opening, then slowly and gently insert your finger or sex toy into your anus.
- Switch between a circular and in-and-out motion as you penetrate your anus. Go faster as the pleasure begins to build until you’re ready to finish.
- Experiment with toys! Vibrators, plugs, anal beads, and massagers can intensify your orgasm tenfold.
Of course, you don’t have to solely perform only one of these, you can create a good blend between all three, something that you find comfort and pleasure. Keep at your rhythm, your touch and your ways.
Try new positions and new methods when you start masturbating. You’ll feel safer and less prone to embarrassment because it will be you with yourself. Another great tip is rubbing your entire body with lube in front of a full-length mirror and going off, touching, stroking and feeling yourself. Watching yourself do so will help you feel more comfortable in your skin as well as help you understand your body’s soft spots.
While you’re here, watch: Indians React To Female Masturbation